Job Board - Michigan Occupational Therapy Association
Ad Title: Central Michigan Hand Therapy/ Advance Physical Therapy is Seeking a CHT Location: Mount Pleasant, MI Post Date: 08/16/19 City: Mount Pleasant State: AZ Zip: 48858 Phone (W): 989.289.3755 Email:email@example.com Description: Central Michigan Hand Therapy/ Advance Physical Therapy is a therapist owned private practice located in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. CMHT/APT is seeking an additional OT/CHT with a strong background in orthopedics to join our rehabilitation team. We offer a competitive salary, as well as profit sharing and/or ownership through stock options. Possibility of full or part time employment is available with a flexible work schedule.
CMHT/APT works closely with Central Michigan University Athletics providing care to student athletes.
CMHT/APT employs satisfied, competent clinical staff averaging greater than 6 years tenure.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Ensure every patient receives a thorough examination with appropriate, customized therapy plan to address patient’s primary concerns, impairments and functional limitations.
• Implement therapy treatment programs based on needs identified during examination process.
• Monitor changes in condition and modify treatment plan throughout episode of care.
• Complete essential documentation including initial evaluations, daily notes, progress notes, discharge notes in a timely manner.
• Facilitate communication between health care providers involved in patient’s care including referring physicians, physical therapy assistants, COTA and certified athletic trainers.
• Ability to fabricate and modify custom orthosis as needed.
Ad Title: Davenport University Faculty-Graduate Level OT Location: Grand Rapids - Lettinga Campus Post Date: 07/30/19 Website:visit our website... Description: At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 150 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve. Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
• Teach 18 credits yearly as assigned by your supervisor. Classes are to meet on time for the full-allotted time.
• Implement a learning environment consistent with the vision of the University in delivering practical education to assist students in their career direction.
• Assist the Department Chair in the development, review, and revision of a current and practical curriculum within the department.
• Participate equitably in committee assignments and University events.
• Work in concert with academic leadership to:
o Design new courses.
o Make recommendations and revise current courses.
o Evaluate and recommend texts and instructional materials.
o Participate in the assessment processes of the University.
o Participate in curriculum or institutional self-studies.
o Research job requirements and employment trends.
o Recruit professional representatives for Curriculum Advisory Committees.
• Regularly work with Admissions advisors for the purpose of explaining programs to potential students. Assist advisors and/or students, when needed, in class selection and program requirements.
• Assist in the resolution of issues and concerns of students.
• Maintain a cooperative attitude that provides for innovation and personal growth.
• Schedule and post office hours, and be available to respond to student needs.
• Assist in the supervision of students during academic fieldwork experiences.
• Participate in scheduled faculty meetings, in-service and training programs, student orientations, convocation, and commencement ceremonies. Faculty members will be available to attend meetings scheduled prior to the start of the academic year and after the end of the academic year. Faculty will be available to address needs prior to and after the end of the academic year.
• Prepare annual professional development plan, complete professional development activities, and submit adequate documentation.
• Maintain current active membership in at least one (1) relevant professional association in the discipline.
• Participate in the evaluation process(s) according to the prescribed schedule, including student evaluations of the instructor at the end of each course. Criteria may include:
o Attendance at meetings, in-services, and commencement ceremonies.
o Participation in curriculum development.
o Timely submission of grades related to student documentation.
o Teaching methods.
o Professional development and/or memberships.
o Retention activities.
o Student assessment.
• Maintain all records in compliance with University policies.
• Periodically work in the discipline as approved by the University through sabbaticals.
• Assist in the preparation of accreditation documentation, self-studies, and reports; participate in on-site accreditation visits, when requested.
• Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
• Provides GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
• Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Ad Title: Michigan Hand and Wrist - Seeking a Part-Time Hand/Upper Extremity (UE) OTR/L Location: Novi, Michigan Post Date: 05/30/19 Contact: Darren Gustitus Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Description: Position: We are a thriving UE orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation practice seeking a part-time
Hand/Upper Extremity (UE) OTR/L therapist for approximately 20-30 hours a week.
Company: Michigan Hand and Wrist is a physician-owned UE orthopedic surgery practice
located in Novi, Michigan within the Novi Orthopedic Center. The therapy staff treats patients
solely of the practice. Dr. Jean Paul Guiboux, and Dr. Jeffrey Placzek are the practicing
physicians. more info...
Ad Title: Spectrum Health Lakeland is Seeking a Full-time Occupational Therapist Location: St. Joseph, MI Post Date: 06/21/19 Description: The ideal candidate has a passion for hand therapy. Certification in hand therapy is preferred but not required. Competitive salary and benefits package. Interested candidate should apply online at: Lakelandhealth.org more info...